Friday, November 25, 2011

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal



In my life this week…we are in South Carolina this week and next enjoying some timeshare love. We had a week that was going to expire so we just tacked it on back to back with our Thanksgiving week. Only thing is, we have to go to another resort tomorrow to start our second week. We have to pack and unpack again, but we will be visiting a resort where we don't own a timeshare and it will be fun to see the differences.

In our homeschool this week…ha ha ha...what homeschool? Really? We had good intentions of schooling a few days this week but we have just been taking it easy. We will do some work today, I promise.

I am inspired by…I can't stress this enough - prayer! My praying friends and family have gotten us through the last three years. We couldn't have done it without them and our faithful Lord.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…well, we went to Kohl's last night at midnight! Yep, we wanted to give it a try. Daughter was completely overwhelmed. She's not going to want to see those crowds again. Then we went to Denny's and were bad. lol We have gone to a few bookstores this week and of course Wally World for our groceries. Today, daughter and her dad are visiting her favorite bookstores again to get in on the Black Friday specials on some books she has been wanting.

My favorite thing this week was…seeing my husband make it safely to South Carolina after having a physical Monday morning in Alabama and driving to us afterwards. Also, getting the email that he had passed his physical and his background check for the new job! PTL!

Things I’m working on…nothing! I'm on vacation!

I’m reading…books on my ipod touch. I need to update my books I'm reading section here on my blog. I've read several books on queens of England. One was about Elizabeth I and several on Queen Victoria. I haven't gotten back to Seven Gables as I downloaded so many other books that sounded more interesting to me of late.

I’m cooking…yep, even on vacation. Although I did make it easy on me by bringing foods already cooked and frozen that I just need to reheat and things like that. But we have been eating way too much junk. When we get home, it's back to eating better again.

I’m grateful for…a loving Father, a loving father, a husband who is a loving father too!

I’m praying for…safe travels back home next week, fun for our remaining week, and singing praises to God for his wonderful gifts.


Thanks for stopping by Second Star Academy at Chaos Cottage.


Pam

1 comment:

Becca said...

Prayer inspires me, too. I am amazed by it and God.