Friday, November 18, 2011

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal




In my life this week…I have had the lazy's this week. This is not good, but I just gave in to it.

In our homeschool this week…didn't get to everything assigned. We will have to make up for that next week.

I am inspired by…answered prayers. Thank you Lord for your blessings on me!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…daughter and I are leaving in the morning to drive to South Carolina for a few weeks. Hubby will be going to Alabama Sunday evening for his physical the next day. Then, he will join us in South Carolina. We will be gone a few weeks. We do have a house sitter, so don't even think about breaking into our house. LOL

My favorite thing this week was…seeing my Mom and Dad again. Dad was sweet and let us borrow his van for the trip. It gets so much better mileage than the old Lexus. Hubby will drive my Mazda which is also good on gas. Thank you Dad.

Things I’m working on…since finding Pinterest, I have found so many ideas for things I want to do in the future. I'm not working on anything at the moment. I have big ideas, but the body isn't willing.

I’m reading…several books this week. I'm still reading the House of Seven Gables on my Ipod. I downloaded several more books. I started on a History of England and a book about Queen Victoria by a Mr. Brown. I'd have to check to get his full name.

I’m cooking…made muffins today with chocolate cake mix and canned pumpkin. My family just loves those and they're so easy to make.

I’m grateful for…friends and family and my husband's good health!

I’m praying for…safe travels for all of us and a blessed Thanksgiving vacation.

That's my week at Second Star Academy and Chaos Cottage. Thank you for stopping by and please come back again.

No comments: