Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

A little Thanksgiving humor for you!

We are enjoying our time in South Carolina and are so thankful for God's blessings on us. This will be one of our best Thanksgivings ever as we have so much to thank Him for. God has truly blessed us. After nearly three years of unemployment, my husband was offered a job, a good job. We are so elated. God is so good. It has been a trying time, a testing of our faith, and a growing time in our faith and as a family. We have learned a lot during this time which I will share at another time. But just let it suffice, that we are very thankful today!

We have been sleeping late and getting a lot of rest. I have been pinning on Pinterest. My newest hobby :) We have been reading and enjoying being together as a family. We have not done any homeschooling with our daughter! She is happy with that but we know that we will have to play some catch-up later. We are going to eat our Thanksgiving meal out today at Cracker Barrel. Their food is delicious. We may have to wait a while for a table, but it is worth the wait.

Yesterday, we got out and went to a couple of bookstores. I know, we are so nerdy. But it is what we like to do. We enjoyed some nice cups of coffee and fellowship with one another. We made some plans for our Black Friday and found out about some special sales at the bookstores as well. I want to go to Kohl's and back to the bookstores. Hubby is going out to find a paper and then decide where he would like to shop.

I think it still hasn't hit me that my hubby has a job. In my head I know it is true but I still feel a bit dazed by it. Maybe when I see that first paycheck, it will hit me! Woot woot! LOL

Well, I think I will have a cup of coffee and some toast before getting ready to go out for our Thanksgiving meal. It's so nice to be lazy and let someone else cook for me.

Thanksgiving blessings to all of you!

No comments: