Friday, November 4, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



In my life this week…post Halloween, lots of candy, no self-control...On the home front, we have made the decision to wait until spring to list the house. Our realtor says the business really slows down in the winter as no one really wants to get out and look at houses. Robert did load up a bunch of our packed things that had been boxed and sitting in the dining room and took them to our storage unit.

In our homeschool this week…Robyn caught up all her projects and we are working ahead so that she can spend a couple nights with her grandparents next week. That is the joy of homeschooling. If she was in regular school, we could not do this.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…I have been nowhere this week folks. Nowhere. But, I am going grocery shopping today. Does that count? Robyn went to lunch with her Aunt on Monday to her favorite restaurant of the moment, Famous Daves. Robert and his discipleship group helped our friends, the Nuebeck's with their Shine group host a Halloween party on Monday and Robert was the bounce house guard.

My favorite thing this week was…was watching a couple of really old movies with daughter and watching her actually enjoy them. One was the Alfred Hitchcock classic, Dial M for Murder and the other was a Sci-Fi classic, Them. Them has giant ants in it and they were really giving her the heebie-jeebies. We all enjoyed both of these movies.

Things I’m working on…still thinking about our two week visit to South Carolina, and everything I need to do to prepare for that. Like make some freezer meals to take with us. Another big grocery trip before that to buy all the ingredients needed to make those meals too. I hate grocery shopping of late. Blah.

I’m reading…didn't do much reading this week. Just a little Bible and maybe a few pages of my latest book, The House of the Seven Gables. I've been playing a lot of solitaire on my I pod before going to sleep. Or surfing Wikipedia.

I’m cooking…still enjoying the pumpkins of the season by making a pumpkin pie this week and pumpkin spice muffins. Still have some in the fridge to use up. Probably will make some pumpkin bread with it.

I’m grateful for…God's forgiveness daily.
.
I’m praying for…Robert's blood pressure. Some days are better than others. Praying that the meds work and he is able to stick to his walking regimen. Praying that he gets a job very soon.

Thanks for visiting Second Star Academy at Chaos Cottage. Please come back.

Pam

2 comments:

Judy Hoch said...

"The joy of homeschooling"--so true! My oldest son went small game hunting yesterday morning, and came in to do schoolwork in the afternoon. I love the flexibility!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm with you on grocery shopping! I used to to enjoy couponing and saving money, but I don't seem to be saving much this past year! It takes to fun out of shopping for me!

I love the flexibility too! We only had a 3 days week this past week. A lot going on! So, we went on 2 field trips! LOL Hopefully we'll be ready to go on Monday!