Friday, September 9, 2011

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal


In my life this week…

In our homeschool this week…Robyn is plowing right along. She even did several lessons on her own without my supervision when I needed to run an errand or two and has done a good job reviewing her lessons before her quizzes and tests.

I am inspired by…our cooler temperatures and the ceasing of all the rain. It motivates me to work around the house. Heat just wears me out.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Been to several doctor's offices this week. Hubby has been seeing his doctor about his high blood pressure, and it is starting to come down some, and if you saw my post about the benign tumor that was removed from the top of his head, we had the stitches taken out of that today. Daughter says she can no longer call him Frankenstein!

My favorite thing this week was…getting "new to us" furniture for our den. It just so happens that my Mother-In-Love was given a gorgeous three piece suite for her den and she gave us her hand-me-downs. It looks perfect for our den and we will take it with us to our next home. We have found a home for our old furniture and it may be leaving our house this weekend.

Things I’m working on…I'm really trying to get in my prayer time and Bible reading on a daily basis. I'm also trying to get to bed earlier.

I’m reading…I'm still reading Uncle Tom's Cabin on my Ipod at night. It is very good. I read a little of it today while in the waiting room at the doctor's office. It was a very sad part and I was trying not to cry. I'm just an emotional gal!

I’m cooking…I'm going to cook Dum Dum Depression Casserole tonight and Cornbread. I've planned this meal before but then didn't fix it so tonight's the night. It's sounds like good country food to me.

I’m grateful for…my Heavenly Father who is seeing my family through this season of life of unemployment, hubby's health issues, homeschooling, and trying to ready this home for sale.

I’m praying for…hubby's blood pressure to continue to lower and get to a healthier pressure, for him to find employment, and for him to feel better so that he can get this house ready for sale. Can you tell I'm ready to do this?

Come back again next week. Thanks for visiting Second Star Academy at the Chaos Cottage,

Pam

1 comment:

momof3feistykids said...

I love your title and tagline! I'm glad I'm not the only one who confesses to living in this state. ;-) I'm glad your hubby is on the road to recovery.