Thursday, September 1, 2011

Apple Bread




I made the most wonderful and easy apple bread the other day. I wish I had taken a picture. I know I will be making it again, so I will try to remember to post a photo later. It is a super easy recipe:

I box Spice Cake Mix
1 can Apple Pie Filling
3 eggs

Beat all this together for three minutes. Pour into two greased bread pans. Bake about 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes and pour glaze over top.

Glaze:

2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 T milk
1 t. vanilla

Mix with a whisk until all the lumps are gone.

My oh my was this good. I even used a sugar free (spelenda sweetened) apple pie filling as that is what was in my pantry. It is so good and moist. I had it hot and cold from the fridge. Either way it is delicious!

2 comments:

Aprille Roberts said...

I think I'm gonna have to try this apple bread. It sounds like something easy enough for me to do, and a great thing to give to others! Thanks for sharing :)

Blessings!
Aprille Roberts

Chaos Cottage said...

I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.