Friday, March 1, 2013

What's going on.


I haven't been posting much lately.  Seems I do well to get my menu plan up and to even make what I've posted.  Generally,  I do make most of the meals because I do have the ingredients if I made it to the store that week.  I always have a few pantry or freezer meals for those times I haven't made it to the store and we seem to make do, or there's always Papa Johns! 

On the home front, my 31 year old nephew is living with us and has been since early to mid January.  I am helping with a legal matter and generally just helping him get his life straightened out and driving him places, as he hasn't yet gotten his driver's license reinstated.  He is doing odd jobs and will be finding full-time employment when this legal mess is done.  I don't want to go into too much detail here but I do believe he has learned his lesson, hopefully, the hard way.  He is a big help to me and has been doing things on the to-do list around here and has a servant's heart.  Our cats love him and he loves them and seems to be fitting in just like one of the family.  Well, he is family.

Robyn is plugging along with her homeschool work.  We are hoping that this year, 8th grade, is her last homeschooling year.  It has been so much fun, and work too, having her home during her middle school years.  But now that Robert is once again gainfully employed, we want to return her to the Christian school she attended since age 4.  We have done all the paperwork, and went to the high school open house and are just waiting on the family interview.  She is currently reading the Hobbit and loves all things geeky, just like her dad.

Robert is plugging along as well with his classes at work and learning new skills needed for his new employment. We feel so blessed that he is employed and for the co-workers he has met and new friendships that are developing.  God is good.

I'm struggling a bit with the blahs.  I don't think I have seasonal affective disorder (SAD), but the winters are harder for me.  I am generally a homebody at heart, do have some aches and pains that make getting out and about less than pleasant, but when it is cold, damp, dreary, etc., I just can't get the get up and go to go out and shop, especially the dreaded grocery shopping trips.  Since Thursdays are the days I take my nephew out to his appointment, I generally hit at least once grocery store on that day since I am out anyway.  I am just looking forward to spring.  : )   It's possible that I am also affected by this "season" of life, that I am going through, if you know what I mean (wink wink). 

Robyn and I still enjoy volunteering at church by serving lunch to the seniors.  This week, we brought my nephew with us and he learned to operate the institutional dish washer.  We also got to hear our missionary from Greece and eat Greek food.  It was delicious.

We are looking forward to going out and celebrating our joint birthdays (me and hubby's) this Saturday.  We were supposed to do this last Saturday but he caught my cold, and I was still trying to kick it too and thought it best to postpone it so that we didn't infect anyone else. 


So, that's my update about what's going on around here.  Thank you for stopping by and feel free to leave me a message.

Pam

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you and hubby. Hope you two feel better so you can celebrate. Also, hope your mood picks up. I am not as perky in the winter as the rest of the year. Just don't want to do much when it is so cold outside...brrr.