Saturday, July 18, 2009

Freezer Cooking

Okay, besides the Sausage and Cheese Muffins I froze yesterday, I froze some Cornbread Muffins (six I think) and today I made stuffed green peppers. I really don't have a recipe for this. I cooked some ground chicken and seasoned to taste with various seasonings. When this was done I added 16 oz. of tomato sauce and about a cup or so of frozen corn. Then I added cooked brown rice. Then I halved the green peppers and stuffed them. After it cooled I individually wrapped the halves and placed them in a container for the freezer. Now all I have to do is just grab how many halves I want to fix and then either bake them or put them in a crock pot or even cook them in a pan on the stove. I probably would throw in a can of diced tomatoes to make a sauce or use spaghetti sauce when I cook them. Easy Peasy!

Oh, I also made the Deep Dish Pizza Casserole that was on my planned menu this week. It was soooo good. I ended up just making a small one for hubby and I and them made 3 more small ones to put in the freezer. I used those 8x8 Glad reusable black pans with the clear lids that you can also bake in. These are not much more expensive than plain old foil throw away pans. So I have 3 of these meals in the freezer for future meals. Yay me!

I haven't posted my menu for the upcoming week yet, but I already have a few things planned to double for the freezer. They are: Chicken and Rice and Rotel Spicy Meatloaf (I like making little loaves). I didn't get around to making the Breakfast Burritos this week so that will be moved to the upcoming week along with some French Toast and possibly some Egg McMoms. These already made breakfast meals will make school day mornings so much nicer. School is just around the corner!

No comments: