Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Pie, oh my!

Here is a recipe I made this week to satisfy my sweet tooth. I made it as sugar free as possible. My changes are in parenthesis.

Sensational Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

4 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
1 T milk or half and half
1 T sugar (I used Splenda)
1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip whipped topping (I used the sugar-free version)
1 Graham cracker crust (6 oz.)
1 cup milk or half and half
2 packages (4 serving size) Jello Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling (I used the sugar free/fat free Krogers version)
16 oz. can pumpkin (the real thing, not pumpkin pie filling)
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground cloves

Mix cream cheese, milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of crust.

Pour 1 cup milk into another bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk until well blended, 1 - 2 minutes. (mixture will be very thick).

Stir in pumpkin and spices with wire whisk; mix well. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish with additional whipped topping and nuts, if desired. Makes 8 servings. Keep in refrigerator.

Dh and I ate this and really enjoyed it. Tastes like fall!

Pam

No comments: