Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

Oh, how I love October. It's my most favorite month of the year, well, besides February. February is mine and my dh's birthday month and the month we got married and Valentines Day is in February and it is the shortest month, and, well you get it.

But, October. Well, I love the cooler temperatures. I love the rustling of the trees when the fall winds blow. I love the changing colors. Oh, how I love those maple trees in the fall. Here in the south the mountains turn into a quilt of orange, yellow, red, and green. It is absolutely gorgeous! Who knew that God was a quilter!

Also, the beginning of any month is a time for contemplating my "to do list". This month I have a class trip to take with dd. That should be fun. Dd has a doctor's appointment. I have a hair appointment. We have a school homecoming game. I think we are supposed to attend that. Better check on that one. I have a Ladies Night Out (church activity) to attend. Dh is in a photography class at UT once a week. We attend our Bible small group on Monday evenings. Our small group is going to try to atend the movie "Fireproof" this weekend. And in between all those activities, I am forever trying to get the clutter out of my home. I am always working on that project. Will it ever end? Please tell me it will. Pretty please...

So what about you? Do you like the first day of the month or the first day of the week as much as I do? Do you have high hopes that you will get to check those tasks off your list? I am always optimistic that this will be the month. The month I take my home back and get it under control. I can dream can't I?

Happy October to you and yours.

Pam

No comments: