Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Break

It has been fall break time here. Dd spent a couple nights with my parents. It's hard to get in grandparent time during the school year so we fit it in whenever we can. I didn't have grandparents and I have always made sure to see that dd gets her share and mine too! : )

Today dd and dh have gone to Oak Ridge to visit the American Museum of Science and Energy. Dd has wanted to go back ever since visiting it on a school field trip. Dh thought today would be a good day.

While my family is gone I am making a pot of potato soup. Dh loves this soup. He likes to top it with cheese, bacon and sour cream and make it into a sorta stuffed potato soup. What's funny about this is that dh is not crazy about potatoes. Me? I could eat them anyway you fix them. But all those carbs! Wow wee, not good for me.

I'm enjoying the beautiful fall weather here. If I could only get fall to last a bit longer. I love the sights and smells of fall. I also love fall cooking. It's time for chili, soups, stews, baked breads, pumpkin, squash, etc. How about you?

Pam