Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Down Home Chicken and Noodles

Ladies, I made this simple recipe tonight for the first time. It was delicious. Dh and dd went back for seconds, so no lovely leftovers for me tomorrow :( I served it with grilled cheese made with good ole healthy whole wheat bread and sliced Gala apples. Yum-o!

Down-Home Chicken & Noodles

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts

salt and pepper to taste

2, 10 3/4 oz. cans cream of chicken soup (I used one regular and one 98% fat free)

14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth (I used fat free)

16 oz. pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked

Place chicken in a slow cooker: sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with both cans of soup. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours, or until chicken falls apart. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred, then return to slow cooker; add broth and cooked noodles. Mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for an additional 30 min. or until heated through. Serves 6

1 comment:

MYstory of HIStory said...

Happened upon your blog via Angela's at Finding Our Way. This Chicken & Noodles looks yummy & simple - I gotta try it. I'm gratefule for a new crockpot recipe to try :) Thx for sharing.