Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Scotch Eggs


Have you ever had Scotch Eggs? I had never heard of them until I married my husband. Back in the day, when we were doing the Atkins diet, I ran across this recipe and my man loves them. They aren't breaded and they aren't fried, but they are Scotch Eggs! Maybe your man would like them too as he is going out the door to work. It's a great way to get protein in your diet and keep the grumblies away until lunchtime!

I'm posting the recipe as I found it (can't remember where) and just letting you know that I don't do a dozen at a time, but four. I divide the sausage roll in half and then each half in half again. Then I have four clumps of sausage to wrap around four hard boiled eggs. After they have cooled, I put them in a baggie or bowl and place them in the fridge. Hubby wraps his in a paper towel and nukes it in the morning.

Scotch Eggs


12 eggs

3 pkg. pork sausage-Jimmy Dean (I use reduced fat-but plan on making homemade turkey sausage soon)


Hard boil the eggs and cool. Divide each pkg. of sausage into 4 equal parts and form patties. Wrap eggs in patties forming them around the eggs evenly. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes till done. Slice and eat. Also good cold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for answering that question of what's a scotch egg.