Friday, January 13, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal




In my life this week…trying to get back into the groove of things around here. Making lots of plans but having a hard time getting going. There's a lot to get done around here before spring so that we can put our home on the market.

In our homeschool this week…school started back up this week. Trying to get back into the groove here too.

I am inspired by…Extreme Home makeover is down the road and doing their wonderful work for a deserving family. Too bad their show is getting canceled. I always enjoyed the show. I always have a hard time watching the show without crying.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…went grocery shopping yesterday and the store was pretty busy. We received at least one inch of snow and those snow forecasts always bring out the shoppers. LOL It looks like dd is going to get her sleepover with her new friends at her grandmother's house tonight. It had to be cancelled earlier. I think they are going to watch the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie and eat pizza and have a good time. I am hoping for a date night with hubby tonight.

My favorite thing this week was…seeing hubby go off to work. We can't praise our God enough for this awesome opportunity he has given my husband. God is good. Hubs will be working 6:30 to 3:30 pm for a good while while in training. Early mornings and early bedtimes. This will be an adjustment for all of us.

Things I’m working on…I have a to-do list two pages long. Haven't felt quite up to tackling much of it yet. But I'll get around to it.

I’m reading…same thing. I just can't get into the reading groove either. I think I am spending too much time online. Hmmm...something to think about.

I’m cooking…hoping to eat out tonight with a gift card but am planning on making bbq chicken in the crockpot this weekend. Yumm-o!

I’m grateful for…God's provision, family, and our adorable cats! Pets bring such joy to our lives, don't they?

I’m praying for…friends who are unemployed and marriages to be strengthened.

Thanks for stopping by Second Star Academy and Chaos Cottage. Please visit again.

Pam

2 comments:

Chareen said...

Hi Pam

Your word echoed my week. I have too many plans and not enough time :D

I think you are right we just need to find our groove.

I love reading but am not getting very much done. I am now officially one book behind in the reading challenge I set for myself. Sigh I think you hit the nail on the head I am doing too much on line reading.

Enjoy your snow and date with hubby.

4:30 is definately too early for you to rise ! Enjoy another couple of hours of shut eye.

Blessings

Becky said...

Yes, I agree, pets do add joy to our lives. As I type this I have my Dusty kitty sleeping in my lap. She has been with me for 9 years. A lot has been packed into those 9 years. So glad she's been with me through them.