Friday, January 20, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal



In my life this week…what? It's Friday??? This week has flown by for me. I guess it is because Hubby had Monday off or something. It's just hasn't felt like Friday to me.

In our homeschool this week…plugging along. It's a little scary to be teaching math now that hubby has a job. I may just get his help for a few hours on the weekend. Even though I have a college degree, math is just not my forte. I am very insecure about my ability to teach it. I know I'm not alone here. It is quite common among us homeschooling moms.

I am inspired by…my hubby who got a 100 on his math test at work today. Now you see why I like him to teach our daughter math!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Robyn went with her grandmother and great aunt to Rockwood today to see her grandfather's grave and mama's old stomping grounds. I took Robyn to the dentist this week for a check up and cleaning and then we went to our favorite book store to hang for a while.

My favorite thing this week was…teaching my daughter and seeing the look of accomplishment on her face when she was acing her quizzes.

What’s working/not working for us…trying to stick to a schedule. I love to plan but boy do I have a hard time sticking to the plan. We are getting to bed earlier though, even though I have a difficult time getting to sleep and I end up rising later than I'd like. One of these days I will get this worked out.

Things I’m working on…self-discipline.

I’m reading…my bible on a daily basis and still reading Mansfield Park.

I’m cooking…made cookies yesterday. Any left today? Not many. See my Monday Menu to see what I feed my family every week.

I’m grateful for…hubby's job. I still want to pinch myself. God is good.

I’m praying for…friends who are unemployed, marriages that need strengthening, and my sleep problems.


Thanks for stopping by Second Star Academy and Chaos Cottage.


Pam

2 comments:

Becca said...

When I was working to establish my early bedtime [8:30p] I would sit in the dark with a cup of hot sleepytime tea and listen to my iPod. Helped me a lot maybe something similar could help you.

Chaos Cottage said...

Thank you Becca. I bought some tea for just that purpose. I will try that tonight to make getting up for church easier in the morning.