I found this recipe on the web many years ago. I am not sure where, but I wanted to share it with all of you because these are so good and inexpensive. Keep these in the freezer to send in packed lunches where you have a microwave, or for fast lunches at home.
Yummy No-Meat Lunch Burritos
There is no meat involved, but you don't miss it at all! To make a truly fab meal, serve with sour cream, your favorite salsa and guacamole!"
o 2 cups uncooked brown rice (or whatever rice you have on hand)
o 4 cups water
o 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
o 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
o 1 (10 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
o 1 (10 ounce) cans rotel
o 25 (10 inch) flour tortillas ( whole wheat if you want to be healthy!)
o 1 lb shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (or your favorite cheese)
1. Cook rice in water according to package directions.
2. Once done, add drained beans, corn and Rotel to rice.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add cheese.
5. Mix thoroughly again.
6. Divide mix evenly on the tortillas.
7. Fold up to make burritos.
8. Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap then foil.
9. Freeze what won't be used that week.
10. *When ready to use*.
11. Remove foil.
12. Pop in microwave oven for 1 - 1 1/2 min or until center is hot and then carefully remove plastic wrap.
After wrapping in plastic wrap, I just placed mine back in the tortilla zip bag that they came in and then placed them in the freezer.