Wednesday, December 28, 2011

End of the Year Reflection





It's nearing the end of 2011 and nearing the beginning of a brand new start with 2012. So I thought I would review my resolutions I made at the beginning of the year and see how we/I did.

Home:

We continued to declutter and take things to our favorite thrift store throughout the year, although, not as much as I would like. More on that a little later.

The bathroom in the basement and the entrance from the garage into the basement got new tiled floors and the bathroom walls got a nice new coat of paint. The new light fixture wasn't installed as we decided to use that one in daughter's bathroom and paint the basement bath light fixture with some oil rubbed bronze paint. So that is going to be moved to the 2012 list.

We didn't have to replace the toilet in the master bath and only had to have it repaired. New faucets were put in our master bath and daughter's bath.

We were able to sell our pub table and four chairs that we used to have in the kitchen. We also gave away our second-hand sectional that was in our den and we received a nice love seat and two big club chairs from my Mother-In-Love to use in their place and they fit much nicer in that room.

We continued throughout the year to declutter our books and take them to McKays for cash or McKays cash which we can turn around and purchase more books with. We haven't used the McKays cash yet, but will probably let daughter pick out books for herself with that.

My house received a nice pressure washing this summer.

We rented a storage unit to put our things in as we make our house less cluttered and more presentable for sale.

We did not place our house on the market. We will do that in the spring of 2012.

Family:

I have seen improvement in my attitude toward my husband. I made a resolution at the beginning of the year to be less nagging. I think I have improved, but you may have to ask my hubby for the truth on that one :). My husband getting employment, beginning January 3rd has definitely lifted my spirits and made me much more pleasurable to be around.

As a family, we have begun praying more together.

We were able to spend two weeks in South Carolina on vacation which was very nice.

Personal:

I have gotten much better with my vitamin/supplement taking, but could still do better.

I am continuing to read God's Word but not really doing much intensive studying of it.

I have read quite a few books this year.

Homeschool:

We are doing much better with home schooling our daughter this year than we did the first year. I love the flexibility of it and daughter is very happy being home schooled, which is always a good thing.

On New Years day, I will post my new goals and resolutions for 2012.

2 comments:

Chareen said...

Pam your list is encouraging.

Keep on keeping on as Dory would say: Just keep swimming.

have always wanted to pray as a family it's a great ideal but not that easy to put into practice. How did you get it going in your home ??

Chaos Cottage said...

Mainly we are taking turns at all our meals. Which on most days is at least three meals a day. It has been very good practice for us and we incorporate prayers for others and not just praying over the food.