Friday, August 20, 2010

What's Happening in My House



Good afternoon. I hope you have had a good week. Ours got off to a rocky start with hubby having headaches and vomiting. Could it be stress? We must remember to cast all our cares on Him for He careth for us. Right? Sometimes easier said than done.

Home schooling was a catch-up week with Robyn redoing some of her past work. I don't know what I would do without Robert's help with Robyn's school work. I know that when that full time job comes along for him, I will be full-time teacher to Robyn (with some math help from daddy), so I really appreciate his help in easing me into this challenging job. But home schooling is something we all want to do and believe in so that makes it easier somehow. It is bringing us all closer as a family.

Our church is beginning a new series on A Homefront Alliance and our small group will follow along with this for about six weeks. Satan is attacking our homes and destroying marriages and I am looking forward to learning more ways of strengthening our home and marriage. Our small/community group is meeting on Tuesdays this year and we begin on the 24th. On Wednesday nights our church offers New Life classes and Robert and I are going to take the class His Needs Her Needs. See a trend here? lol

Today, Robert is volunteering at church and Robyn and I have been watching a movie about King Solomon. She is really enjoying this. This is coming up next in her home school bible and I thought this would be helpful to her. It has been really good. I am also climbing Mount Laundry, prepping dinner and doing general kitchen duties. I promise I am going to the store later Really.

My mom celebrates a big birthday on Sunday She will be 79! I thank God that he has brought her through cancer twice, and healed her from sepis with 48 hours to live. God is good! We will be going up to her house after lunch on Sunday and I will take her a Banana Pudding (mostly sugar-free) as a birthday treat for her. She doesn't need all that sugar, (does anyone?) and it will be nice to spend the afternoon with her and dad.

Have a terrific weekend.

Pam

No comments: