Monday, January 18, 2010

Nesting Phase

I don't know about you, but January, for me, is a nesting time. It's cold, sometimes icy and snowy (yep, we've had that already this month), good time for soups and stews and homemade breads, hot chai, and roaring fires in the fireplace. It makes it very hard for me to stick to my new years resolutions when all I want to do is sit in my big red chair and with laptop in place, cruise the internet, view Netflix movies, read books, watch tv, etc. What is not getting done is the things on my "our" to-do list and my resolutions to exercise and declutter, etc. Hmmm...what to do, what to do...

How do you stay motivated in this nesting season of the year? Do you just give in and enjoy it knowing that better days are around the corner? Do you just allow yourself so much "me" time a day and then get to your to-do list? Do you reward yourself for a good days work with doing what you want to? Do you die to self? What???

I do have days where I accomplish many things and feel really good about it. But that is like one day out of three or four. I'm just being honest here. I think I have gotten into a lazy rut and need ideas for getting out of this. I know about "to-dos" and list making and such. I love writing the stuff down. I just don't always like doing the stuff. Know what I mean? I'm a planner, not a doer. I think I am management material. lol

Anywho, we are still in the progress of redoing Robyn's room so more pictures will be posted soon of our progress, which has been v e r y, v e r y slow. I am so excited about how pretty her room will be when we are finished and seeing all those toys leave her room and the guest room and going to children who will really appreciate them.

Just keeping it real. Hey, it's Chaos Cottage!

Pam

No comments: