Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A new recipe I'm trying today.

Impossibly Easy Chicken and Broccoli Pie

1 bag (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cut-up chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup Bisquick
1 cup milk
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9 inch glass pie plate. (I sprayed with Pam). In pie plate sprinkle broccoli, one cup cheese and the chicken and onion.

In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate over chicken mixture.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand five minutes before serving.

I am guessing this will be something like a Quiche.

I cooked up 2 1/2 pounds of chicken breast. I used a cup or a little more for this. Cut up four cups worth to freeze and use for a recipe on Sunday and still have over two cups left to make chickens salad for dh and I to eat for lunch tomorrow. How's that for stretching chicken?

Pam

1 comment:

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Hi Pam and fellow Knoxvillite. Is that a word? Thanks for your comment on my blog.

I like all the different recipes that you post and will have to remember to come back and try some of them. Well, if our family ever gets well again.

Blessings,
Kimberly