Monday, February 16, 2009

It's a beautiful day!

The sun is shining and the air is crisp. I don't know about you but I just hate those gray days of winter. I like it so much better when the sun is shining.

We had a nice Valentines weekend. Dd had a friend over for a sleepover on Friday night. The next day I had to get the girls to their Upward Basketball games. Robyn's team won and she even scored a basket. She did a better job of rebounding as well.

Robert and I exchanged Valentines/Anniversary cards and I got him a box of candy and he got me a dozen red roses. It was our 11th anniversary. Last year, for our tenth, we went to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, North Carolina. We went there shortly after we were married and knew we would come back again. I just love that place. It would have been nice to have been there again this year, but yikes that place is uber-expensive! It will probably be another ten years before we go back again. lol

Sunday, dh worked the audio-visual room at church and dd and I attended Sunday school. We skipped the church service this week. Bad mommy, bad daughter! Dd said her belly was hurting so we thought it best to just come on home. She is better now.

Today I have taco soup cooking on the stove to take to a family who lost a loved one this weekend. Instead of going to our usual Monday night small group Bible study, we are all going to go to the funeral home to support this family.

Dh is home and diligently working at his computer. His company has a workers comp audit today and he just found out about it this morning. I think we was thinking of not working today as it is a holiday but he found out about this at the last minute. The insurance lady who normally informs him about this, at least a week ahead of time, was in a car accident and so he just found out. He's drinking his coffee and working away in the study. He just informed me he will have to go into work after all. Aw, shucks!

Dd and I will take the soup to the family mentioned above and make a run to the library. They should be open today. She needs a book about a northern young lady during the Civil War. Her school is doing a Night at the Museum and that is her role. I need to make her an old-fashioned dress too. That should be fun. Not!!!
I think I have a month to figure that one out...let's see, how long has it been since I took Home Ec?

I need a new stove. This one has gone bonkers. You know those new electronic type of appliances just don't last as well as the old ones did. This one is nine years old. We will probably just go to Lowes and get something similar. It's the oven that won't work now. I sure have missed it. I have been using my little toaster oven for a few weeks and I am limited as to what will fit in there.

Well, I guess I had better get busy. The day is just flying by. More later.

Pam

No comments: