Thursday, July 3, 2008

Here are the recipes for Banana Pudding and Spaghetti Salad that I've made for the 4th of July Celebration.

Spaghetti Salad


16 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained

1 medium red onion, finely chopped

4 green onions, finely chopped

1 cup prepared Italian dressing

2 tomatoes, peeled and diced

1 cucumber, scored and diced

2 T salad seasoning


In a large bowl combine the spaghetti, red onion, green onions and salad dressing, tossing gently. Cover and chill overnight. Just before serving, add the tomatoes, cucumber, and salad seasoning. 10 servings.


Jiffy Banana Pudding


2 large boxes instant vanilla pudding

3 cups milk

1 large Cool Whip (may use fat free)

8 oz. sour cream (may use fat free)

Reduced fat vanilla wafers

4-6 bananas


Fold, don't beat the first 4 ingredients together. Layer vanilla wafers, banana and pudding mixtures. Sprinkle crumbled wafers on top.


I make my pudding with the sugar-free banana cream mix and use light sour cream and reduced fat vanilla wafers and the new sugar-free Cool Whip. Anything to cut the calories!




2 comments:

molytail said...

I've often wondered what else I could do with leftover cooked spaghetti noodles - never even thought of using them for a pasta salad! What a delicious sounding idea. :-)

(I saw your link on CHFWeb)

Leah Courtney said...

Pam, I saw your link on CHFWeb and thought I'd pop over and say hi! I am saving the banana pudding recipe. Yum! One of my favorites!

Leah
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymomdq