Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Where is the summer going?

Dd goes back to school on August 13th. We leave on July 19th for a week in Virginia. It doesn't leave much time to accomplish all the things I wanted to before summer break's end. My life is just flying by too quickly.

Dd still wants to have more sleepovers with friends and family. We still have summer schoolwork we are trying to do to keep up dd's learning skills in-between 3rd and 4th grade. Did I tell you how much dd enjoys this? NOT! I also have her reading books this summer. She doesn't enjoy this much either. She would much rather be watching TV or playing on the Wii. But we are only a child once. I keep telling myself this when I realize how little productive work gets done.

We have been to Dollywood several times already this year. It is so hot now I think I would like to wait until things cool down to go back. But we enjoy it so much.

My backyard looks like it did when summer began. I haven't been able to get rid of the wooden playset. It sits on the only level area of the yard. I have a fire pit I want to put out there and set up a nice outdoor living area. Oh that would be so nice. We may wait until the end of summer to make purchases of a screened gazebo and such when they are good bargains. Maybe next year I will have a nice outdoor living area in which to entertain friends and family. How about a smore? Lemonade anyone? Aahh I can dream.

Well, I need to go reboot the laundry and unload and reload the dishwasher. I love my servants. They are such good workers!

Pam

No comments: