Monday, July 14, 2008

Looking forward to vacation

Hello bloggettes. Sorry to be MIA this weekend. We just had a lazy weekend here at home. Well, except for having a worker here fixing the hole in our den ceiling. Oh, I didn't tell you about that did I? Well our potty in the master bathroom had a leak and I woke up and stepped onto the rug in the water closet and it was soaking wet. Yikes! I woke up dh and he immediately turned off the water. We sopped up the water and got that mess cleaned up. A plumber came later that day and repaired the problem. Then this weekend we had a guy cut out the drywall and replace it. So we have white dust everywhere and I have put off vacuuming and dusting because it looks like more sanding is needed. But I can't stand it much longer. First thing tomorrow morning the dreaded vacuum is coming out of the closet.

So anyway, I am looking forward to our summer vacation. We are going to Old Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. I am so excited. I love history and I have never been to these places. Virginia is so full of American/British history. I know I will come home with lots of books and cookbooks! I will have lots of photos to put in scrapbooks too. I have a feeling that one week will just not be enough and we will want to go back again. Just think about all that is in that area minus Washington DC which would be a separate trip all in itself. Monticello, Mt. Vernon, are just a couple of places I am thinking of. But Historic Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown may be all we can fit in this trip. Best of all we get a free admission to Williamsburg. I bought the John Adams DVD set and it had a coupon for a free admission valued up to $118 !! Yay me!

Robert's paternal lineage is all from Virginia. There are places we would love to go to and do genealogical research but we won't be able to do that on this trip either. But we are stopping to see a cousin on the way up and spending the night. It is always good to see family. We haven't see this cousin since his father died. He was almost 102! Dh talked to his cousin on the phone this evening and his accent is so different than ours. I love the way he says "howse" for house and "sowth" for south.

My car goes to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and to get the tires balanced and just general a good going over before taking it on vacation, It is almost 10 years old! It's been a great car. No complaints.

My folks are coming by Wednesday afternoon. Mom has a doctors appointment and is coming by afterward. I am fixing dinner for them and then they are taking dd home with them for two nights. I'll go up Friday and get her. While she is gone I can get the car cleaned inside and out and get our packing done. Somethings are just easier done without a child under foot. KWIM?

I'll write more before we leave on vacation and I will have photos to post when we get back.

Ta ta, Pam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! Of course I remember you! :) I'm bookmarking your blog and can't wait to see your pics of Williamsburg etc. How fun! We are on our way to Chincoteague Island, VA in about 11 days we are excited. Take Care!