Friday, June 29, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week:  I've been lazy.  :(  Yep.  I'm guilty.  We went to see the movie, Brave, Sunday evening and I haven't been anywhere since.  I'm a bit of a house cat!  It's really been so hot out I didn't want and don't want to go anywhere!

Places we're going, people we're seeing:  My husband, daughter, and mother-in-law are leaving tomorrow for Ireland.  Yes, you read that right.  Ireland.  I'm not going.  I'm staying home to take care of the house and cats.  I'm not in the best of health for a trip like that.  Maybe one day when my old knees and back are better :)  I'll enjoy the photos and putting together their scrapbook afterwards.

My favorite thing this week was:  Finishing school!  Better late than never!  Whew.  We saved math for last and it was good to be done. 

Things I'm working on:  My family will be gone Saturday night through Thursday night.  I plan on getting some chores done around the house while they are gone.  No excuses.  Hopefully next week I can report the things I actually got done.

I'm praying for:  A safe trip for my family.  A fun time for them and many wonderful memories to last a lifetime.

I'm grateful for:  My MIL graciously taking my family to Ireland.  What a gift!

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by Second Star Academy!

Pam

3 comments:

Wicked Witch said...

It's a gift for me. I can't wait to see Robyn and Robert over there where I feel at home. Bet they do, too.

Stefanie said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip that will be. I can't wait to see their pictures.

Poppin gin from HSMJ

Jen said...

What an amazing trip! I too can't wait to see the beautiful pictures they bring back! Hope they have a wonderful time!