Friday, June 15, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal


In my life this week:  I have had another busy week of trying to finish up our homeschooling year.  All that is left is a Language Arts Review and daughter is about a third of the way through that, Bible and she should be finishing that up today or this weekend, and the dreaded Mathematics.  Ugh.  Hoping it will all be finished next week. I can't seem to get much of anything else done while I'm trying to race to the homeschool finish line.  I did get some makeup organization done in my bathroom and tossed some old products.  I'm in the process of giving the fridge a thorough cleaning.  I have two more shelves to go and the shelves on the door.  I am covering the shelves in Press and Seal to make cleaning them in the future much easier.  I got this idea from Pinterest.  Robyn and I went to the dollar theater (we call it that because Tuesday nights used to be $1) on Tuesday night and saw Journey 2 The Mysterious Island.  It was good.

In our homeschool this week:  See above.

Places we're going:  We are going up to my mom and dad's Saturday and celebrate Father's Day.  On Sunday we are going to a restaurant to celebrate Father's Day with my hubby! 

I'm cooking:  I'm making a banana pudding tonight to take to my dad tomorrow.

I'm reading:  I read book two of the Hunger Games and am now into book three.

Things I'm working on:  In my mind, I am making plans to declutter and organize some things while my family is gone to Ireland.  Until school is finished, it is very hard for me to begin any projects around the house.  But I can dream.

I'm grateful for:  my husband.  He is a wonderful man.  He loves me unconditionally.  God blessed me when he gave me Robert.

I'm praying for:  continued good test results for my husband at work, uninterrupted sleep for me, the strength to get through this school year, and the motivation to do some projects around the house.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come visit again!

Pam at Second Star Academy

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm reading of lots of husbands who are blessings on these journal posts this week. I'm very thankful for my hubby, too.

Sharla said...

I hope that you have a wonderful Father's Day weekend as it sounds like you have some great plans!