Friday, May 18, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal


Okay another week has flown by.  Here's what's happening in my life:

In my life this week:  Got home Saturday from a week in Gatlinburg.  My 13 year old wore me out.  Must remember to take vitamins EVERY day!  We had a lot of fun.  Came home to unpack bags and do laundry a few times and guess what?  Leaving again this evening for another week in another resort.  Not Gatlinburg this time, but maybe we'll have a more restful week this time.

In our homeschool this week:  Still trying to run for that finish line.  Seems we get ahead one day and behind the next.  We'll get there slowly but surely.

I am inspired by:  My parents recently celebrated an anniversary of 60 years together!  What an amazing feat.  Those two have fought like I don't know what their married life.  I guess you fight for what you believe in!  LOL  Loving my folks more and more every day and how my dad takes care of my mom.  Love you guys!  You are amazing!

Places we're going and people we are seeing:  Been to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Seiverville area.  Heading out again in a westwardly direction.  Hoping to drive to the Mennonite community and do a little eating and shopping while out that way.  Mainly just going to relax and do more schooling.

My favorite things this week:  Celebrating Mother's Day with my mom and my mil.  It's always good to spend time with family and I have truly been blessed with the best!

I'm reading:  Still reading A Confident Heart by Renee Swope on my Kindle (a Mother's Day gift from hubby) and last night he put the first book in the Hunger Games series on there for me.  I started on the first chapter.  It's simply written and easy to read.  Thought I would read it and decide if I want to read the series. I hear good and bad about them.  I felt the same way about Harry Potter (which so far, I believe were better written), and I started the HP books and just haven't had a chance to get back to them. Oh, when this school year is over I have BIG plans.  I want to read!  I want to set a better example for my daughter.

I'm cooking:  I veered from my plan today and have Ranch Chicken baking in the oven.  Just boneless chicken breasts, bottled Ranch dressing and plain bread crumbs.  It is smelling delicious!

I'm grateful for:  better health.  I'm feeling more energized and less lethargic.  Maybe it's keeping up with my 13 year old that helps.  I don't know.  I have become better at taking my vitamins and I know they are essential to my good health.  Now, if I could only fit in some exercise.  I do believe I have arthritis and until I go to the doctor for a check-up I won't know for sure but at my last visit he said I probably did.  I told the doc that when our insurance kicked in I'd come in for a thorough check-up.  I've been putting it off and trying to take off a few pounds first.  Otherwise, besides Old Arthur, I'd say I'm doing much better.  Sleeping much better too.  So I guess I would say I'm grateful for my returning health.

I'm praying for:  continued good grades for husband (94 today!), and his safety to, at, and from work.  A timely finish to our school year, and friends who are leaving very soon to Asia for a mission trip.

Thanks for visiting Second Star Academy.  Please come back again!

Pam

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome that you're able to do so much traveling! I know it makes keeping up at home a bit more challenging, but all those special times and places together will be wonderful memories when your kiddo is older!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to your parents on celebrating their 60th. That is wonderful!

And on a side note, I recently finished the Hunger Games series. I started reading the first book because I wanted to know what my oldest was reading. I got completely sucked in. It is a wonderful, although emotionally draining, series.

Wicked Witch said...

Memories are a wonderful thing to give our children - and grandchildren. Have fun!

Judy Hoch said...

You are doing so many fun things--what wonderful memories you're making!
I, too, MUST take my vitamins or I end up completely exhausted.