Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saint Patrick's Day

Here are the recipes I used on St. Patrick's Day:

Punch: I mixed 1/2 gallon of Fat Free Lime Sherbet with one large can of Pineapple Juice and one 2 Liter of Diet 7-Up in a punch bowl. We all loved it except my 12 year old. I think the pineapple was a little tangy for her taste. Next time I'll just put the sherbet in a glass and pour the 7-Up over that.

I made this soup:

I cut up two pounds of smoked sausage, chopped up about 8 or 9 Yukon potatoes, two bags of shredded cabbage (too lazy to shred my own), and one cut up onion in a pot. I added about four cups of broth from the freezer and a couple cups of water and cooked all this. When the veggies were tender I added three cups of milk with 3 teaspoons of flour added for thickening. I seasoned it with salt and pepper. When ready to serve, I added several cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese. It was very yummy and made a big pot of soup.

I served brown multi grain rolls with this.

I made confetti popcorn. I popped two bags of butter popcorn and spread it on two sheet pans. I drizzled about 1/2 package of melted white chocolate bark over this and M&M's. It was a big hit.

I also took Mint Oreos and regular Oreos and dipped them halfway up in melted white chocolate bark and sprinkle them with green sugar sprinkles. Delicious!

My MIL brought a much needed punch bowl for me to use, cupcakes, sausage rolls (yummy) and scones. Aunt Pat brought veggies and dip.

Needless to say, we were all stuffed by the end of the afternoon. We enjoyed watching the Quiet Man the the Lady Vols beating UT Martin. It was a nice day.

No comments: