Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Best Banana Bread

My husband really likes bananas and my daughter and I really like Banana Bread! I made some today as I had some very ripe bananas in my fruit basket. I substituted some half and half that was expiring for the buttermilk. Seems like I never have buttermilk unless I especially buy it for a specific recipe like buttermilk biscuits. I used pecans and dark chocolate chips in mine. Here is the recipe and photos à la Robs, my daughter.

Best Banana Bread


1 c. brown sugar

½ c. soft margarine

Cream together. Add and mix well: 2 eggs, 2 ripe bananas, 2 c. bread flour, ½ t. salt, 1 t. b. soda Add to above alternately with ¼ cup buttermilk. Mix in ½ cup nuts or ½ c. chocolate chips or sprinkle top with mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar. Pour in greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.



No comments: