Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu for Week of January 5th

Okay, in an attempt to eat healthier (more veggies and fruit, less processed foods, starches, and sweets) I have planned my menu for this week:

Monday: Grilled Chicken, Roasted Asparagus, New Potatoes, Rolls (had these already), Grapes

Tuesday: Meatloaf (substitute turkey for 1/2 of the beef), Cooked Carrots, Green Beans, Slaw, Cooked Apples (using stevia or Splenda in place of sugar)

Wednesday: Lite Smoked Sausage, Kraut, New Potatoes, Cantaloupe

Thursday: Grilled Chicken Salad, Grapes

Friday: Chili, Cantaloupe

Saturday: Sticky Chicken (roast), Steamed Veggies, Salad

Sunday: Roast, Cabbage and Carrots, Salad (dinner after church) later in the evening a big o'pot of beans cooked with some leftover Christmas ham.

Breakfasts this week: One Eyed Sailors, Banana Shakes, Malt-O-Meal, Eggs and Sausage

Lunches: Weight Watchers 1 point soup, Chicken Salad, Turkey Chili, Chef Salad made with reduced fat cheese and turkey

Snacks: Fruit, Cheese, Nuts, Celery with Peanut Butter, Sugar Free Pudding with a dollop of Cool Whip, apple sauce

I still have some "illegal" unhealthy and processed items in my pantry and fridge/freezer and I will incorporate them in my plans until they are used up. But I will spread them out rather than wean us off of them "cold turkey". lol

Pam

2 comments:

outdoorgriller said...

Those sound like good meals I love to grill because it is healthy.If you want more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit http://www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

Chaos Cottage said...

Thank you. I like using my George Foreman in the cooler weather.

Pam