Sunday, January 11, 2009

My daughter's a scoring machine!

Yep, she's a scoring machine. She doesn't get it from her daddy or mommy either. She is playing basketball again on an Upwards team at church. She scored three baskets! Her coach declared her a scoring machine. I think this will motivate her to want to play better. Whoda thunk it?

Both dd and dh are playing on the Wii right now. She has lots of games but her favorite is Mario Kart. I play with her sometimes but I just have never been a video game kinda gal. Now solitare on my computer? that's another story. I can zone out while doing that. Mario Kart requires me to actually pay attention. Yuck!

I have my crock pot soup cooking and we are going to eat that this evening along with some grilled cheese. Sound yummy? It's a weight watchers recipe from way back. Full of lots of fiber. Yay me! But it really is delicious.

I have a fire burning in the den fireplace. It's so warm and cozy in there. I think I'll go curl up with a good book while the fam plays on the Wii. Time to start a new book anyway or finally break down and try to learn to crochet. Mom, where are you???

No comments: