Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby it's cold outside!

Has it been cold or what? A lot of schools around here were closed Friday because it was so cold. Our toilet on the main floor is frozen and so is the cold water to the sink in that bathroom. The washer in there is working fine. Upstairs the heat is not working. So glad we have two units. We will get someone out here this week to fix both these problems. It's always something. Dh just had $2,000 worth of work done on his Lexus. First major problem in 8 years. When it rains, it pours.

We have a fire going in the fireplace. I've been watching tv today in my recliner with a nice warm quilt over me. It has been nice and cozy in our den.

Dd played basketball again today. Her team did not win. But dd seemed to be fine with it. She spent last night with a friend so she has had a fun weekend. We may have one of her little friends over here Sunday night since Monday is a school holiday. It just depends on whether those pipes thaw or not. I think the girls will be happy to camp out in the den and sleep on the sofa bed.

Dh and I kinda enjoy the cooler temps upstairs. As long as I have my comforter and blankies, socks on my feet, my hubby, the furnace, and a nice furry cat in the bed, I'm nice and toasty!

Stay warm!

Pam

No comments: