Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's so good to be back home

We arrived home last night at 11:00. It as a long 13 hours on the road. Whew. I have spent today just decompressing from the vacation and drive. I haven't even gotten a shower. Dh has unloaded the van and taken it to get it cleaned and then returning it to my dad. Isn't it nice of him to loan us his van for vacation? We enjoy the extra room even if there is only three of us. We have a lot of stuff!

Tomorrow, dd returns to school and I have lots on my agenda for this week. I need to get all our vacation stuff put away. I need to catch up on laundry. I have Christmas stuff to pack away. Leaving the day after Christmas felt really weird. It was strange to leave the house with all the decorations still up and the Christmas table cloth still on the table, Christmas gifts strewn around the house and stuff like that. So it's January and time to put this stuff away for another 12 months!

I hope you all had a good Christmas and a happy new year. We enjoyed our time away but it always feel so good to be back home and in our own beds again.

Pam

No comments: