Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's the first day of September


Yep, it's the start of another new month.  I like fresh new beginnings.  Unlike some, I like Mondays too because it's a chance to start over and begin anew!  I know, I'm weird like that.

I've been struggling to get sleep.  I know that's not new to those that know me but I have just about decided to accept it and that it's not gonna change, at least for a while.  I take melatonin nearly every night in an attempt to fall asleep.  Sometimes I will fall asleep but will only sleep a short while and then I am awake again.  I am awake off and on all night long.  It's frustrating.  Now that Robyn is back in school I have to get up to get her ready for school and drive her to school most days. Hubby does this on his days off.  Several days this week, I drove her to school which is only 10 minutes away, returned home, and hopped back into bed for more zzz's.  You gotta do what ya gotta do.

I was able to do some freezer cooking this week and stocked my freezer with two Chicken Supreme Casseroles. two Pizza Spaghetti Casseroles, two Chuck Wagon Casseroles, Creamy Ranch Chicken, Slow Cooker Black Beans, Corn, and Salsa Chicken.  I still want to make Taco Filled PastaShells and Spasagna this week.  I love having home cooked meals in my freezer to pull out on those days when I just don't feel up to cooking.  They come in so handy.  I also buy Stouffer's family size entrees when they are on sale because they are good and delicious and I don't have to dirty up my kitchen to feed my freezer those.  :D

Robyn is doing great being back at her old school and is making new friends and seeing old ones. She is very happy to be back there.  She is full of self confidence, which I was afraid she might be lacking, having been home through her middle school years being homeschooled.  It makes me very happy to see her smile at the end of the school day.  She now attends the high school class at the Hub on Sunday mornings and is enjoying that as well.  My little girl is growing up!

We went and visited my mom and dad yesterday and had a very nice visit.  I got to see Pepper's siblings and mother and I have to say that Pepper is still bigger than any of them, well, except her mom.  We celebrated my Mom's belated birthday.  She is 82! and very young at heart.  So glad that God has seen to heal her from cancer twice and that she is still with us.  I am so thankful that my little girl has gotten to experience the love of grandparents.  I never did. I wish I had known them.  And she has some fantastic ones!

Hubby is doing well at work and when he is off spends a lot of time studying.  He has orals coming up soon and he has to be studying as much as he can and probably will continue to do so afterwards as it is a continuous learning and refreshing process.  We give God all the glory for this terrific job he has given him.  We are very blessed.

Tomorrow, we are going to my mother-in-love's and going to enjoy some barbecue and relaxing fellowship together.  Then Tuesday it's back to the grindstone again.

Thank you for stopping by.  Please come back again.

Pam

No comments: