Friday, November 2, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal







In my life this week...I was home bound this week.  Hubby had to take his car in for repair and they had to order a part and we get to pick the car up today.  He used mine all week for work and I was stuck at home.  But guess what?  I loved it.

In our homeschool this week...since we were studying about the American Revolution Tuesday afternoon, daughter and I decided to break out our DVD, The Patriot.  I hadn't seen it in awhile, forgot about how graphic it was, but enjoyed it all the same. 

I am inspired by...all the volunteers who are helping everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy.  What devastation!  I cannot imagine.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...it was just too cold and damp last weekend to attempt to go to Dollywood.  It is going to be warmer this weekend so we may try again tomorrow or Sunday after church.

I'm reading...Wikipedia.  I know!  It's just that I'll hear about a person in history or something, and I want to know more about that person and viola!  I read about him or her on Wiki.  Lately, due to the History channel's show on The Men Who Built America, I have been reading about Robber Barons.  Very interesting.  Really.

I'm grateful for...health insurance.  We basically went without for three years during hubby's unemployment and I am so so grateful to have it back.  This month I get to have my boobies squished and a gyno visit.  Yay me!

Thanks for stopping by.  Please come and visit me again.

Pam


No comments: