Friday, October 19, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


It's been a few weeks since I have posted here.  Here is what's going on in my (our) life.

In my life this week:  We returned last night from a week in Williamsburg, VA. Colonial Williamsburg is a wonderful place for families, especially homeschooling families.  It is such an educational place.  We didn't do a whole lot as daughter has seen all that twice, and this was her third time there.  But we had a timeshare week to use up and we always enjoy Virginia.  The trees were so colorful and the weather was wonderful!

In our homeschool this week:  We did not homeschool this week except for daughter taking two quizzes today and doing 3 algebra lessons with her daddy.  She likes him as a math teacher.  What's that say about me?  But guess what?  She read three whole books while on vacation!  I'm so proud of her.

I am inspired by:  We met some of the nicest folks on our trip this week.  One older couple drove all the way from Montana to Williamsburg, VA.  He was in a scooter and she used a cane.  What an inspiration!

Places we're going and people we're seeing:  We aren't leaving the state this week!  I am taking the van back to my folks on Monday and we may go to Dollywood next weekend while the weather is so mild.

My favorite thing this week:  Vacation time with the family and having my hubby with us as he had seven days off from work.  He's working this weekend (two nights) and back to his training on Monday and a more normal schedule.

I'm grateful for family and friends this week. I'm afraid I take them all for granted way too often.  I need to be more intentional in my relationships.  I'm going to work on that.  How about you?

I'm praying for:  A dear friend of mine just found out her mother has six months to live.  She will be going to hospice care.  Her mom has been battling cancer for a while and I was so sad to hear this.  I am so grateful for my mother, who is a cancer survivor. 

Please some back and visit Second Star Academy at Chaos Cottage.   You're always welcome here!

Pam

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful. I would love to visit Colonial Williamsburg. I think my family would really enjoy it!

Unknown said...

My kids LOVED Williamsburg when they visited with their grandparents a couple of years ago. I've never gone, but we enjoy places with historical connections. It's interesting to see those places you read about in the history books!

And yes, earthquakes ARE a bit eerie. I found it very strange really; a bit excited, but a bit humbling. It's hard to imagine the earth moving that much...and we had a little quake!

Marge said...

Good to hear an update, Pam! It sounds like you had a relaxing vacation.

Stacie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog--nice to "meet" you! I've never been to Williamsburg, VA either, but it is definitely on my list! I'm glad your family enjoyed vacation time together; sweet! I found you on Pinterest, too.

Take care!

PS. I pray that God will comfort your friend during such a difficult time.

Lisa Boyle said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. It's nice to "meet" you! :-) Your vacation sounds awesome. We visited Williamsburg and Jamestown last Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. I am so very sorry for your friend. I will say a prayer. I hope you have a good weekend. Many blessings, Lisa

Unknown said...

I would love to visit Williamsburg! One thing I love about homeschooling is being able to take vacation when we feel like it! :)