Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal


In my life this week:   We left home on Thursday morning to drive to Florida with an overnight stop in Georgia Thursday night.  We stayed at a very nice Hampton Inn.  I don't think I have stayed at one  before.  Their free breakfast in the morning was fabulous.  They offered all sorts of healthy choices along with smoked sausage, scrambled eggs and potatoes, danish, English muffins and bagels, homemade waffles complete with waffle maker, boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, milk, cereal, juice, coffee, teas, and I'm sure I'm leaving somethings off this list, but it was wonderful.  I would definitely pay the extra cost for a stay at a Hampton because of the breakfast.  It saves you time and money when you are heading on down the road.  Also, their check out time is noon!   Just the thing for us night owls :D

In our homeschool this week:  Daughter did some American history this week and studying for a quiz and test which we will do when we get home.  I love having the flexibility of homeschooling and that it allows for impromptu vacations!

Places we're going and people we're seeing:  Tomorrow we are going to drive up to Saint Augustine and look at some of the history of the town and the lighthouse.  But daughter is looking forward to visiting their outlet mall.  It is huge.  We drove by it on our way to Daytona and it is on both sides of the highway.  There is a Cosmetic Company Outlet there. We have heard about this on YouTube but don't have any in our area that I am aware of.  I am sure she or I will make a post about it for our Glamouriffic blog. Next week we are going to drive to Orlando and visit some favorite amusement parks.  One day I want to drive south of Daytona to the Ponce Inlet to see the lighthouse there.  Did I tell you I like lighthouses?  We were there when Robyn was a baby but now I want her to see it.

I'm reading:  I brought about 50 pounds of magazines with me.  No kidding.  I started getting a slew of magazines for free and I began saving them up for this trip.  I don't really take the time to read magazines at home often anyway.  After I read them and clip a coupon or two, my plan is to leave them for the maids.  That way I don't have to tow them home and they can enjoy them too.  Another good thing to do with old magazines is to take them to hospital waiting rooms.  I've done that before as well.  :D  I also brought my Kindle which is full of lots of good books to read.

I'm grateful for:  Aunt Pat invited us on this impromptu trip to Daytona.  She is so sweet!  We are having a fun time.  We had excellent weather driving down and I only got a bit anxious driving through Atlanta.  We timed it so we could miss rush hour, but oh my goodness it was still quite congested.

I'm praying for:  a friend whose husband is about to undergo very serious surgery soon.  She is stressed and I am praying for peace for her and guidance for the doctors in doing this surgery.  Also, praying for my Mother-In-Love who wanted to come with us on this trip, she loves the beach so much, but is under some pain and discomfort and is trying new meds to alleviate that and didn't feel she was up to the trip.  Get well Mama!

So sorry to be a day late getting this post up but we were on the road all day and then had to make a run to Wally World to get some vittles for the condo and I was absolutely too wiped out to post.  Thank you for stopping by Second Star Academy at Chaos Cottage.

Pam




No comments: