Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal



In my life this week…late getting this posted this week. Couldn't find time on Friday to post this.

In our homeschool this week…enjoying homeschooling my daughter and relearning things I had forgotten.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…relax.

I am inspired by…gorgeous weather we are having. A couple of nights it got really cold though and am glad I haven't bought my annuals yet.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Friday daughter and I went to Hobby Lobby, which has now become her favorite store. Also, Friday night, we all went to see Tim Hawkins perform. He was fabulous. If you aren't familiar with him, check him out of Youtube. He is hilarious!

My favorite thing this week was…Tim Hawkins. What can I say? I think I split my side!

What’s working/not working for us…sticking to a schedule. But everyday is a do-over! LOL

Things I’m working on…thinking about starting a sourdough starter for bread and maybe even Amish Friendship bread. It's been years since I've done this and I'm thinking of doing it again.

I’m reading…same stuff.

I’m cooking…check out my Monday menus.

I’m grateful for…my Lord and Savior, my family, my pets. I'm blessed.

I’m praying for…my hubby to continue to do well on his tests at work, for energy to do the things I need to do, and for some friends who just sold their home and need to get everything approved for moving into their new dream home.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share… my daughter's rough draft of her sketch of Rapunzel from Tangled.


2 comments:

Martha said...

Visiting from HSMJ.

Your daughter drew a nice picture. My daughter also enjoys drawing.

Tonia said...

Great drawing! She did a wonderful job.

We also like Tim Hawkins. We bought a DVD and I think everyone in our church has borrowed it. He's very funny!