Friday, October 28, 2011

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal



In my life this week…we were pumped this week by hubby's interview on Friday last week. It went well and we are praying he gets the job. We should know something in about a month or so.

In our homeschool this week…we are just plugging along and everything seems to be working out fine. Daughter does have some projects to work on this weekend. I think I might need to add more work as she seems to find most of the SOS work pretty easy. I really want her to read more. I probably ought to just focus on that for more.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…we drove over to the Smoky Mountains yesterday to see the fall colors. We were a bit disappointed. The colors looked brilliant through Gatlinburg but once a couple miles into the park, the colors disappeared. There is some sort of blight or something attacking the trees. So many of them were gray and leafless. It was so sad. We did stop at Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Pigeon Forge on our way back and got coffee and one doughnut apiece. Mine was the pumpkin spice flavor and it was delicious.

My favorite thing this week was…date night with hubby. We went to the cheap movie theater and saw Cowboys and Aliens. It was a goofy movie and I don't recommend it. But it was nice to get out of the house, just the two of us, and enjoy a date.

What’s working/not working for us…
still struggling to get to bed earlier. Hubby is sleeping better and my sleeping is so so. Some nights I can't get to sleep and have to sleep late into the day to get in my sleep quota. Other nights I sleep well. I think it just comes with the season of life I am in. And, I'm just getting old. :(
We also need to walk more. Hubby needs to walk several times a day and I just haven't been going out and walking with him like I should. I need to work on that more.

Things I’m working on…I've already planned our menu for our vacation and I will begin making some of the recipes and freezing foods for this vacation. I'm going shopping tomorrow and will pick up some of the ingredients needed.

I’m reading…The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I'm not far enough into it yet to decide if I like it. It's a classic and I am trying to read more of those.

I’m cooking…I cooked Pork Chops Italiano this week and they were delicious. It was new recipe and it is going into my Tried and True recipes to be made again.

I’m grateful for…friends and family and God's provision.

I’m praying for…employment for my husband and good health. He will be taking a physical if he is offered the job he interviewed for last week and he needs to get that blood pressure down.


Thank you for stopping by Second Star Academy and Chaos Cottage. Please come back again!

2 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

I'm glad your hubby's interview went well and you got to have a date night!

Chaos Cottage said...

Thank you Steph.