Monday, August 8, 2011

Where has this summer gone?




It sure has been a hot summer here in the south and many parts of our country. It keeps you inside where the air conditioning is nice and cool. I've barely stepped out of doors because of that. I've also done very little around the house as well. I take medication for my back now everyday. Twice a day. It keeps me pain-free. But the side effect is that I am very numb-like, sleepy, tired, and unmotivated to do work that needs to be done. It it's not one thing, it's another! But I am vowing to push through this curtain of sleepyville and make myself do something! I thought I would start with a plan and see if that helps me to accomplish some things. Here is my plan for this week:

Laundry

Clean kitchen (I mean, thoroughly)

Continue to pack things for our storage unit

Read my Bible every morning and maybe, even every night

Continued prayer for my husband to find work

Cook good meals for my family

Continue to pray for and motivate my husband to do the things he needs to do to get his family out of this house and into the lake house so that we can put this one on the market

Attend church

Buy groceries

It's a start. Some of you may be thinking "I do this every week." Well, for me, it has been difficult of late. So, I'm starting with baby steps to get back on the road to life and trying to be a good help meet.

School starts next week. That will take up a good portion of my day and the rest of the day should be spent in feeding my family, doing laundry, and packing more stuff to make our house pretty!

What are your goals? Please share.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Pam, so sorry you have to deal with those side effects. I will pray for you and continue prayer for hubby to get a job.

Chaos Cottage said...

Thank sweet Becky. You are a true and faithful internet friend.