Monday, August 8, 2011

Do you like iced coffee?


I never thought I would. Just the thought of my hot cup of coffee going cold and then my drinking it is just unheard of. But then, I tried a recipe I found online and tweaked it a bit and oh my is it good. My 12 year old likes it too. Here is what I do.

Seems most days I still have coffee leftover in the carafe. You can refrigerate it and save it until you want to make these iced coffees or you can just use it like it is. I happen to be using vanilla flavored coffee at the moment, but plain coffee will work too. Take your nice big mug or commuter cup and add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of simple syrup. I used Vanlla flavored syrup. The kind you flavor fancy coffees with. DaVinci is the brand. Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of chocolate syrup and stir both of these together. Now fill your cup about 2/3 full of crushed ice. I use the ice from my ice maker. Now poor your old coffee over this about 2/3 full and top off with half and half and stir. Put a straw in your mug and enjoy!

Don't spend all that hard earned money on the fancy coffee shop iced coffee, when this is just as good!

Pam

2 comments:

Becky said...

This post has inspired me to try an iced coffee. Thanks Pam! :)

Chaos Cottage said...

I hope you like it.