Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday even though I didn't sleep so well. I have been having bouts of insomnia and I have sleep apnea, but I do use a cpap to help with my sleep. I woke up early, I mean early. Got up, went outside and brought the Sunday paper in, and put on a pot of coffee. The alarm went off upstairs and hubby got up and did his morning ablutions. He had to leave early for church as he was working the AV room. About 8:30, my lack of sleep caught up with me and I had to return to bed. So I missed our wonderful Mother's Day service at church. But after finishing my sleep, I felt so much better.

After church we bought flowers for our mothers and headed to my mom and dad's first and had a nice visit and a yummy KFC lunch. I was surprised by a visit by my Aunt Dessie. She had been to South Carolina to visit her son and daughter-in-love and her two grandsons. She is visiting my mom and dad a couple of days before heading home to Ohio.

Then we went to my mother-in-love's home and we shared some yummy chocolate cake with her. We had a nice visit there and lots of lovin' from her D-O-G, Lacey. Shhh...she doesn't know she's a D-O-G. It was a very nice day. How was your mother's day?

2 comments:

Marge said...

My JWP got me 7 gifts, from cards to flowers to a beautiful pair of earrings. HJP got me 2 cards and a little green frog for my garden. We were all going to go out to lunch after church, but we got busy planting flowers and forgot! Maybe we'll do that tonight.
We did go out and buy 2 more bikes, one for Bill and one for JWP. They had a really good deal at Fred Meyer. Now, we can all ride together.

Becky said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day Pam.