Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tomorrow is the last day of school

This school year has just flown by. Today, Robyn is having field day. Her daddy is there snapping pictures left and right. Tomorrow we are going in to school with her in the morning for breakfast. I am making my sausage and cheese muffins in my mini muffin pans. After that they are free to say their goodbyes and go home. It is almost impossible to me that she will be a 5th grader this fall. She is even getting promoted at church this fall to "the bridge". She will no longer be doing children's church but sitting with her mommy and daddy in the sanctuary. Wow, my little one is growing up.

Tonight, we go to have dinner with friends and Robyn is staying to spend the night with her best little friend, Lindsey. She is such a sweetheart. Those two have loads of fun together.

Last night, Robert finally went to see Star Trek with his friend, Gads. They went to see it on the IMAX before it is replaced with the Terminator. I am so glad he got to go see it and have some male/treker bonding time! lol

Upwards Soccer for Robyn is winding down too. Soon, we will have the summer free to ourselves to vacation, visit Dollywood, attend the Regal free movies and other fun places this summer. She is so excited.

Well, I am going to sit down and peruse some of my cookbooks. I am going through my many (count 'em, hundreds?) cookbooks and seeing which ones I can resale at McKays. If they only have a few recipes that I think I will ever make, I am writing them down to put into my computer and then I can sell the book. I'm sure I won't miss a few books. But many of them are like babies to me. I could never part with them. I read cookbooks like novels. lol

1 comment:

Becky said...

I feel that way about books too, that they are too precious to part with. And I agree, this school year has gone by in a flash. My youngest is going to be in high school this coming fall. Sigh.