Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It feels like a Monday.

Today feels like a Monday to me. I think it is because I substituted at Robyn's school on Monday and had small group that night. Then yesterday we let Robyn ditch school for a family outing, so that made yesterday feel like a weekend day. Oh, and by the way, we went to Dollywood and it was closed. It was just like a scene out of the movie, Vacation. It was really weird to see it closed like that. So, anyway, we drove up to the Smoky Mountains and all the way up to Newfound Gap. Robyn liked being where FDR stood and opened the park in 1940. Robert took about 400 photos. He is busy working on those today. After the drive in the mountains, we came down to Pigeon Forge and ate at the Old Grist Mill Restaurant. I hadn't been there in a long, long time. The food was very good. Robyn and I stopped at the gift store next door and Robert went out to take pictures of the pretty waterfall, grist mill and various ducks and birds. He likes his camera! Today I am doing laundry, putzing about in the kitchen, have bread dough making in the bread machine, and housewifey things like that. Now you know why it feels like Monday to me.

Robert and Robyn are going to work on Robyn's school lesson for tomorrow. She gets to teach her class about a subject she likes. She chose Virginia presidents. She did that because we have been to visit so many of their homes. She also likes history. She has a test prepared to give "her" students. I think she will enjoy being a little teacher. I told Robert that I think we ought to visit the homes of Tennessee's presidents. What do you think? Hmmmmmm?

Well, I'm off to reboot the laundry and start the dishwasher and check on the bread dough. I love my "servants". They make my housework much easier! lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm here from Rona's blog. I enjoyed reading. You've got some great recipes.