Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our Christmas

We had a very nice, albeit tiring, Christmas day. We awoke and had coffee and cinnamon rolls this morning. Then it was time to open our gifts to one another. We were all very pleased with our presents.

Then it was time to get off our bums and get our Christmas dinner ready. It took me FOREVER to get this party started! I waited until today to wash the china, crystal and silverware. I put out pretty gold chargers and the table really looked festive. Robert took a picture after it was all set. I will get him to post the photo. He was giving the carpet a quick vacuum and helping Robyn to wash her hair when his mom and great uncle arrived. Oops, we weren't ready yet. The ham was cooking in the nesco roaster on the deck and the pumpkin pie was in the oven. The broccoli salad was made last night. So all I had left to do was cook the green beans and potatoes, throw the Stouffer's macaroni and cheese in the oven and warm the Sister Schubert rolls. My mom-in-law brought her delicious deviled eggs. Oh, and dd and I already had the cupcakes made too. Why this took forever I will never know. But it just did.

Finally, everything came together, and I was able to hop in the shower and get dressed and enjoy the meal. And it was yummy! Later we exchanged gifts with Robert's mom, great aunt and great uncle. Robyn was a very happy girl. She received a lot of gifts that were on her wish list.

This evening was spent loading and running the dishwasher, hand washing a lot of dishes, putting away food, etc. I also have done a couple loads of laundry. Who does laundry on Christmas day??? We are leaving for a trip to Orlando and I have to wash clothes before I can pack our suitcases. Look for pictures of our trip soon.

Enjoy your holiday.

Pam

No comments: