Monday, December 8, 2008

Ah nuts!

Here's a new recipe I made this week. I tweaked it by changing the seasoning to Butt Rub Barbecue seasoning. Yum-o!

Pizza Nuts

4 t. vegetable oil
1 T pizza seasoning (or chili powder)
1/2 t. ground red pepper (cayenne)
4 c. lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts

In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in pizza seasoning and red pepper. Stir in peanuts. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until peanuts are evenly coated and hot. Cool slightly about 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store in airtight container up to 3 weeks. Makes 16 (1/4 cup) servings

I've never bought pizza seasoning but I think the chili powder would be good too. But so far, the Butt Rub seasoning is a keeper. I think this would make nice Christmas gifts too.

Pam

No comments: