Monday, December 15, 2008

Another week...gone

We had a nice Christmasy week. Dd loves to look at Christmas lights decorating the homes. There is one home in particular that is near us that has a light show. All you do is tune your radio to their station and park your car and enjoy. I think she saw that one three times this week. Last night we went to that show and drove down the interstate to one we saw on television. This one was a national award winning light show that you drive through. They play about 5 songs and you pay to enter. The money goes to a food bank. It was awesome!

Friday, I held a tea in my home for the ladies in my small group Bible study. We had chicken salad sandwiches, sausage balls, black grapes, cookies and miniature cupcakes. We had an assortment of teas to choose from. I didn't do anything fancy. I didn't have time, or take the time, to froo-froo it up. Next time, I want to bring out the china and require all the women to wear big ole fancy hats! Sounds like fun to me.

I made a big ole pot of Chicken and Dumplings for a friend of mine this week, who just returned home from knee replacement surgery. She has really been stuggling with this. I this pot of love helped a little.

I have a few things on my agenda this week. My dad is having some tests done at a hospital here this week and dd and I are going to go and be with my mom at their house. She has mobility problems due to neuropathy in her feet and shouldn't be left alone for long. That's one less thing for dad to worry about.

Dd's school is having their classroom Christmas party on Thursday. They are going to be making gingerbread houses. Instead of buying gifts for one another this year the class donated new shoes and socks to poor Appalachian children.

Dd has Upwards basketball practice again this week. She is the next to tallest girl on her team. Her games don't begin until January.

On the homefront, my home is shaping up. The main floor got a good going over to be ready for my tea on Friday. Upstairs and the basement are still off limits to guests. Will I ever get rid of all this stuff? Tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel. I still have some things I want dh to help me hang in the dining room and the study. He's very good at that. :-)

Today, I need to do some grocery shopping. I tend to like Mondays for this so I get there before all the specials are gone. But, oh, I don't really feel much like it. I think I'll pour myself another cup of coffee and go take some vitamins and see how I feel later. Ta ta.

Pam

No comments: