Sunday, October 10, 2010

What's happening?.

Hasn't this fall weather been absolutely gorgeous! I am really enjoying the milder temperatures. I could really live somewhere with this type of climate all year round. It's so comfortable. A few nights this past week it got rather chilly in the house and I lit our first fire in the fireplace. It was actually warmer outside than in. I love a good fire!

I didn't make it to church this morning. I woke up early and turned off the alarm and then fell back asleep. Hubby, who takes less time to do his morning ablutions, made it to Sunday School without us. I will listen to the service on line as our community group study is sermon based. You can listen to it at http://www.west-park.org and click on sermon media. I love my church. It is soon to celebrate 50 years of age and I committed to praying for it every day for 50 days starting on October fourth.

Robert returned Saturday afternoon from his first men's retreat. They went to Fort Bluff Camp in Dayton, Tennessee. He took lots of photos for the church photo team and really enjoyed their speaker, Matthew St. John. You can read more about him at
http://www.pastormatthew.net/blog09/


We are plugging away on the homeschooling of Robyn. We are determined to do better this week and get caught up. We are a little bit behind schedule. She cannot play on any commputer games, Wii, Ds, etc. until she is caught up. She has agreed to this and understands.

Robert is going to attempt to fix our dryer this week. We are hoping it is repairable and we don't have to buy a new one. While he has the dryer pulled out of the laundry nook, I am going to clean, clean, clean in there and paint and would love to put down some inexpensive self-sticking tile to give it a clean and fresh appearance for very little money. I am sure we even have paint in the garage that we can use and not go to any expense there. It's a teeny-tiny laundry nook and you cannot clean around the appliances while they are in there. I am afraid to find out what is behind/beside that dryer and washer. Yuck. To be honest, we knew we wouldn't be able to clean, paint or retile until one of the appliances died. It's just that difficult to work in there. It's a closet really.

I am hoping that Robert will finish his carpet steaming and we can be done with that for the season, except for our master bedroom, which is not ready for having the carpet cleaned yet. Hopefully very soon though.

Well, enough jibber jabber about the happenings around my house. I hope all of you are enjoying your families, homes, and the beautiful autumn weather as well! Have a great week!

Pam

No comments: