Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I want to make these!


I have on my menu plan this week to make red velvet cupcakes for my small group. I found this recipe here http://www.mommyskitchen.net/ and now I want these. Wah...I think I will make these on Valentines Day.



Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies

1 package red velvet cake mix
(I used duncan hines)
2 - eggs
1/2 - cup oil
(or butter flavored shortening)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add oil and eggs to cake mix and blend together. Roll dough into balls (a little larger than a quarter). Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet (until warm). Remove cookies from sheet and place on cooling rack.To assemble the cookies, in a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch, round tip (you can always use a zip lock bag with a round tip or just use a butter knife)add about a tablespoon of filling into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie similar in size on top of the filling. Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream.

Cream Cheese Filling Recipe:

1 - stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 - 8oz package philly cream cheese
3-4 cups - confectioner's sugar (depending on desired consistency)
1 - tsp vanilla extract

Cream butter and add cream cheese and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add confectioner's sugar slowly until you reach your desired consistency. If the mixture is to thick add a bit of milk until you have the consistency you want.

The cream filling mixture makes enough for two batches of cookies. I doubled the cookie recipe and had plenty of filling.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hope you had a very blessed Valentine's day Pam.