Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday happenings

Today, after school, dd and I did some grocery shopping. She loves to push the cart and pick out her favorite Chef Boyardee products. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I can remember being in 2nd grade and we had to stand before the class and give a description of our favorite food without saying what it was so the other students could try and guess it. Guess what mine was? Ravioli. Chef Boyardee no less!

I am trying a new muffin recipe for dh. It is baking in the oven right now. Dh loves pineapple. He can try one and the rest are going in the freezer to take on our trip to South Carolina next week. Here is the recipe:

Sour Cream Pineapple Muffins

Serves: 8-9 lg. Or 12 small Muffins

1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Butter, soft
1 Cup Sour Cream ( or soy yogurt)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 Cups All purpose Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 Cup drained crushed Pineapple

(I'd cream sugar and butter first then add the egg, sour cream and vanilla)

1. Measure first five Ingredients.
2. Beat until creamy.
3. Stir together Dry Ingredients.
4. Add Wet Ingredients to the Dry
Ingredients.
5. Stir until moistened.
6. Stir in Pineapple.
7. Grease muffin tins.
8. Fill tins 2/3 full

9. Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes. (I got 12 muffins)

They are smelling gooooood!!! I had all the fixings in my pantry and fridge. I love simple recipes like that.

Icky, icky, spit, spit, yuck. This recipe was horrible. But I think it was my fault. The orginal poster (don't remember where I got this recipe) used a small t for the tsp of vanilla and a large T for the salt and baking soda. I assumed the big T was a Tablespoon. Ugh...I am sure it should have been teaspoon. I may try this recipe again sometime. For now the birds and the squirrels in my back yard are getting an early Thanksgiving meal!

1 comment:

Melissa Miller said...

These sound delish! I love pineapple. MMM...